Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dedant Dedant

I have this ant problem surrounding my pool. It's those nasty little red ones that BITE. Then, the bite swells up like a giant zit and itches beyond belief with no relief. I detest the little buggers. I do not use any pesticides so getting rid of these pesky creatures is difficult. Usually I splash the pool water over them to drown them. I know it sounds cruel but a person has to do what a person has to do to survive.

Wack and crazy is what we are so off to Walmart - that was yesterday when we were exposed to the awful CRACK. That is an episode I want to forget.
So hubby and I purchase two super soakers - on clearance - of course. I picked purple he picked orange.

Yesterday we spent a good part of the day in super soaker combat with those dang little red ants. Sounds a bit bizarre but then desperate people perform desperate acts. And running around in a swimming pool shooting super soakers at tiny smidgens of ants looks demented and white coat material. But that's how we spent our Saturday. What fun we had. How creepy is that?

I'm hoping that this tactic cures our ant invasion if not we sure are having demented fun. I hope some environmental-insect- human -interest group doesn't hear about this and come after us. Well if they do they will get a squirt in the face with my super soaker.

No comments: