Friday, August 27, 2010

Hang up and drive


I saw an amazing and rather stupid scene yesterday. A young teenager riding his bike down a very busy highway at a very high rate of speed - texting. Both of his hands were holding the phone and he was texting and looking down at his hands. OMG!!

At least he wasn't in a car. And if and when he ever does get to drive a car I am certain he will still be texting. I am always amazed at what some people will do.

Are we that much in a hurry that we can't stop for a few minutes and send a message? Or does texting consume our entire scope of life? I don't understand the whole texting bit.

Or the constant cell phone to the ear. I see people standing in line at the grocery store talking and letting the clerk wait till they are done holding up everyone else. People in the doctor's office, the movies and yes even church on the cell phones. Give me a break not a ring.

2 comments:

Natalie M. said...

AHHHHHHHHH THE WORLD IS BECOMING SOOOOOOO CELL PHONE ABSORBED!!!!!!!!!! KEEP WRITING! I KNOW I WILL! BYE BLOGBUDDY!

Clint said...

Great blog. Texting is a national disaster and an epidemic. I read where the average teenager sends 1,000 texts a month. I had to have them blocked on my personal phone.