Tuesday, August 3, 2010

FREE Speech


Yesterday in my mailbox I received this flyer with my name printed on it. These mail flyer's are getting right up there next to telemarketers calling at dinner time.
This particular flyer with my name on it sports this huge color image of a clogged artery. Pretty gross. The text right next to the disgusting image states - We can actually see inside YOUR arteries - to help prevent strokes, aneurysms and cardiovascular disease.

Okay who gave you the right to look inside at MY arteries. Isn't there a law against this? Invasion of privacy - the HIPPA law. I know as Americans we have the right of FREE speech and freedom of the press. But this is way over the top.

Get out of my arteries. Stop scaring me.

Then at the bottom of the brochure it states that I must get tested immediately to save myself from sudden death. There is a charge for this service. $199.00 if you act immediately. I am urged to call an 800 number to get tested.

Wait this isn't even my artery. This is a scare tactic used to remove my dwindling cash from my hands.

Since they cannot harass us on the telephone anymore they have decided to harass us by mail. With colored photos of diseased arteries. What's next? A color picture of my filled colon?

No comments: