Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cheeseburger in Paradise


I blew out my flip-flop when I stepped on a pop rock. Shouldn't have been in the water - waiting for the incision to heal. Wastin away again...

Went to Ponce De Leon State Park in the Florida panhandle last week. Almost time to go back to school so needed to get in one more weekend of fun. The problem was I was still healing from the surgery and was banished from getting my foot wet. What an enema dilemma.

When we arrived at the springs it was hotter than Africa. Sticky, icky kind of hot. The springs were crystal clear and absolutely beautiful. I couldn't help myself. I went in against doctors orders. Well the springs looked so pure and the water flow from the head spring was gallons a minute so the situation looked good.

68 degree crystal clear water and a day as hot as Africa - it was awesome. And the fact it is referred to as the 'Fountain of Youth'. Who could possibly resist. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. It was sooo refreshing.

So, I'm walking down the overflow to the springs wearing my dollar flip flops that I bought at Dollar General so I don't step on any thing or get sand in my incision and I popped my flip flop on a rock. Life is tuff when you pop your flip flop. Now I so understand Jimmy's song - Margaritaville.

No comments: