Wednesday, August 11, 2010

With wind


Being an Irish Goddess has its blessings and a very small-teeny-tiny down side.

An Old Irish Blessing

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.



May the road rise up to meet you. To me this line says to me I will trip on an uneven sidewalk. Or get stuck in traffic with road construction or have the joy of being behind a slow poke. Or I am driving a tad over the speed limit and right there is the speed trap. OOOPS!

That line about the wind being at your back sounds poetic and soft and sweet - but it isn't always what it seems. Like the tropical storm buzzing up the Gulf of Mexico. It has dispersed the wonderful sunshine and has darkened the sky's for several days. Not so good for me for my last days of freedom before school starts. And how will this mix with gulf oil spill?

Occasionally I have had the wind against my back - like BAM. Wow - wasn't expecting that.
The wind slips in without much notice and slams dead straight on in the middle of the back. Punches all the air out of my already deficient lungs. Knocks me down - face first. Then the roll down hill begins - slipping fast into that deep dark gully. The only hope could be that the landing field is soft as clouds.



May the sun shine upon your face? Causing sunburn and total discomfort. What the sun is bad - causes wrinkles and cancer. Your skin is froze off, cut off and stitched up leaving that horrendous tell tale ugly scar.


The rain could be a good thing or a bad thing. right now for my jasmine it's a good thing. For the pool that is at overflow level it is a bad thing.

God holding you in the palm of his hand. Would I fit?

No comments: