Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Rats of NIMH

A favorite book of mine is The Rats of NIMH. I have named my rats in the Rubbermaid shed - The rats of NIMH. (not in my home) There is no comparison to the book and the rats that have taken over my Rubbermaid shed but my mind works in strange and bizarre ways.

The have-a-heart trap doesn't work. At least now I don't have to worry about their disposal from the trap. I put in cheese - American processed cheese - I guess it does nothing for their taste buds. Perhaps I should have used a Gouda? Who knew rats would be so darn fussy about what they eat. Or, maybe they knew it was a trap. Maybe these are superior high intelligent citrus rats who have taken up permanent residence in my plastic Rubbermaid shed.

Since the have-a-heart trap did not work we moved on to a bigger and better method of disposal. A drop dead permanent method - rat poison. Not my favorite thing to do but ya gotta do what ya gotta do and that is git-r-done and rid the Rubbermaid shed of the unwanted squatters.

Well, I do believe that the rat poison is winning because there is a very unuser unfriendly smell seeping out of the Rubbermaid shed. YUCK. Now - what do I do with the dead rat bodies?

No comments: