Saturday, March 21, 2009

Turn the Car Around

I was reading an e-mail from a friend about the surprise birthday bash he was hosting for his wife Virginia. It said in BIG letters that this was a secret and keep it a secret. Okay, perhaps I am not good at keeping secrets but we all have our faults. I reread the e-mail to imprint the time and date inside my pea brain.
Just at that very second, instant, nanosecond my cell phone rings. I am so thrilled with myself that I have all my names and contact information in my cell phone and it pops right up when my phone chimes. No, not a ringer a lovely oriental chime. I see the name Virginia on my screen. WHAT? Virginia doesn't have my new cell number. And why is she calling me at this very moment when I am reading the top secret e-mail from her hubby? It's a strange world in which I reside. Or is it me that is strange living in a normal world? Not too sure anymore.
I then notice the area code and it's the state of Virginia. It's my sister and she is using her stand by cell phone, one that I do not have added to my family list. It is not the person Virginia it's the state Virginia. Turn the car around or at least turn on the ignition.

No comments: