Thursday, April 10, 2008

Green Eggs & Ham


So for the past month I have been doing my power walk. The verdict is still out on the results. This morning I ask hubby if he would like to go with me. He gives me this dazed - what did you say look. So I repeat the question.

"When did you start this?", he asks with the still dazed look. I've been doing this for quite some time. I guess the verdict is in.


He would rather walk to The Cafe and have a hearty - greasy breakfast of Green Eggs and Ham. Somehow that defeats the purpose of walking. The key to the routine is to walk off those pounds not add any more on.


So, reluctantly he agrees to my wishes. He puts on his wool (yes WOOL) sweater. We live in Florida and it's April and it's quite warm. Off we go into the wilds of the neighborhood. Ducks walk the streets, squirrels run rampant and early morning drivers terrorize us with there speed.


Hubby complains about the heat. Stop your whining I think to myself - you're the one that wanted to wear the dumb sweater. He takes it off and hands it to me to hold. Yeah right!!!


We finish the walk and he trudges into the house to make a three course breakfast. I gulp down my energy drink and head out for my second lap.


No comments: