Monday, April 7, 2008

Rain in Spain

The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plain - except when you fill your empty pool after months of repairs and take out a loan to pay the extremely high water bill you will be facing this month. Then it rains with total disregard to nature, nurture or the meteorologists prediction.

So now we face a pool overflowing with water and needs to be drained. Okay - why do these things happen to good people? Somehow I never read that book - if I did I might have answers to my questions. Where is Harold Kushner now? I will stand by and watch the precious ($$$) water make trails down the gutter on my cul-de-sac and slip silently into the drain.

If I were in charge of the universe I would have the rain start before I filled my pool. And being in charge of all that stuff I would not allow the solar heater to have a gigantic leak and the pool pump to get clogged and replacing the filter every few months and all the cleaning and the dog jumping in scratching the new surface or the old dog falling in and nearly drowning. Alas - I am not in charge and that's probably a good thing.

No comments: