Thursday, July 31, 2008

Donut Downfall


When I first saw this headline - 'Dunkin Donuts To Offer Healthier Menu Items' - I thought OMG!!! they're taking away our donuts. How deviant, cruel and malicious. Don't take our donuts. Now there's a reason to march on Washington. Donuts are a mainstay an American icon.




Here is a link to the article that almost caused me an anxiety attack. After I read the article I did feel a little better - but not much. I have this awful feeling that donuts (healthy as they are) are nearing the cropped list. They have taken away our trans fat, which is probably a step in the right direction. We need to be healthier - but keep selling cigarettes. Yeah, this makes sense to me, an all time disease maker, air polluter, addicting substance let's leave that on the market and cure fatness.


What will be next to get the ax? Chocolate? Ice Cream? Baked potato with butter and sour cream? Deep fried twinkies?
I do have to say Krispy Kreme donuts are my FAVORITE. Warm right out of the deep fry, melt in your mouth - AHHHH - wonderful!!!!!


No comments: