Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kirstie Alley

I'm always a day late and $2.00 short. I always miss the last train to Tucson, get off at the wrong stop, get lost in Yonkers, capsize the boat, get to work late, wrong floor, wrong time, wrong day and yada-yada-yada. That's my life and I accept it without bitterness - not really - but it sounds good and I need to keep a positive attitude.
There is this little hole in the wall, family owned cafe in Clearwater that we frequent. And they accept only cash - no debit - no visa - no checks -CASH ONLY. They have THE BEST corned beef hash and Oh their French Toast - yummy. It's an hours drive from my home and with gas prices to go there you know it's awesome. And we know the waiter - a great kid/adult. In my eyes he's a kid.
So Saturday, I'm wanting to go there but for some reason we did not. I'm sure it was hubby's fault. He's good for carrying the blame.
We get a call and guess who showed up at this little almost non-descript cafe? Yep - Kirstie Alley. The first words slipping off my tongue - "Did you get her autograph?"
So if only we had a breakfast there - I might have gotten an autograph, a photo and a glimpse of what it looks like to be a member of Jenny Craig. Whoa - that's not a Jenny Craig place. Kirstie must have fallen off the wagon and gone for the sausage gravy and homemade biscuits.
I wonder how many other Scientologist frequent my favorite cafe? Whenever I go I will remember to bring my camera to get a good (or bad) shot of some celeb stuffing their pie hole with wonderful food as maple syrup drips down their chin.

No comments: