Friday, July 25, 2008

Don't Worry - Be Happy

It was a ruff day at the office. In the morning I managed to get out of purgatory, if only for a brief time. Then the afternoon I slipped right back into hell. I keep reminding myself - I'm Happy. I say it throughout the day to get to the end of the day. I'm starting to believe it. I say it at home, when I am trying to fall asleep, when I'm being lazy, when the dog pees on the floor. I try to have happy thoughts. It seems to help. I KNOW IT HELPS.
I'm sitting outside trying to unwind from the stressful day and I hear sirens. Not so unusual around here but this one seemed very close. I hop on my new bike (I'm happy I have a new bike) and become nosey. I get to the end of the cul de sac and I see the police, the fire trucks and an ambulance. And then I see the dark black smoke swirling into the sky. Someones home is on fire.
I inch my way closer to get a better view and see the massive damage the fire has caused. Apparently everyone has survived and gotten out safely. A home and furnishings can be replaced a life cannot.
I am thankful I have a home to go back to. I am thankful no one is hurt in the house fire. I need to focus more on the positive aspects of my life.

No comments: