Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sleep Deprivation


Another lack of sleep night. I am so sleep deprived I can't get the coffee cup to my mouth. The dog (she 's old) 'thinks' - that's the key word - 'thinks' - she needs to go out. At this point I'm thinking - just pee on your doggy pad in the kitchen. I don't care - that's why I bought the pads. I just want a good 8 hours of uninterrupted shut-eye. A near impossible feat.
During the night about every hour she walks aimlessly back in forth and her toenails scratch across the hardwood floors. Very similar to running fingernails down a chalkboard although most now have been replaced by whiteboards. Why did that happen? Another mystery.
On the half hour she walks between the plastic window blinds on the sliding glass doors. The noise is like an alarm going off and the witch does it till I get out of bed and let her out. And she can't be let out alone she needs to be accompanied by a responsible adult. She walks aimlessly around the backyard. She doesn't like to do her business in the back yard - in secrecy away from the prying eyes of the neighbors. No, this old girl prefers the front yard - right beneath the streetlights (me in my ratty old night gown) and then she takes off like a flash down the road. I chase her around the brightly lit cul-de-sac with the tail of my night shirt flapping in the breeze. Happens every time but for whatever reason I am never prepared for this stunt.
I just want to get some sleep. Instead of doggy day care - I need doggy night care.

No comments: