Sunday, June 20, 2010

Coupon Craze


You would think an innocent trip to the grocery store would not become a nightmare. Well, that's exactly what happened to me this morning. Actually it wasn't quite a nightmare but an insult - same thing.

I paid for my groceries and the clerk hands me back the receipt and coupons. I'm always on the look-out for coupons. One is salad dressing - okay - I'll use that one. And the next coupon is for adult diapers. OMG!!!

I look down to see if any bodily fluids are dripping down my leg. Negative on that one. I sniff to see if perhaps I have a fluid waste odor. Negative on that one. I know my roots are showing but hey what does that really mean?

Do I look like a person that needs depends? Have I aged that much since I looked in the mirror this morning? Is the cashier just being a smartpass? Wait I think the coupons come out automatically.

Is it that grocery stores believe that at 7 AM in the morning that only senile seniors buy groceries? My embarrassment is tremendous. Perhaps the surveillance camera caught me using the restroom three times while shopping and thought I needed some assistance. Whatever - that coupon is going straight to the trash.

No comments: