Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Bluest Eyes


If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it. ~Toni Morrison

Very similar to - 'You can't fight city hall.' Or make love not war. Or - when given lemons make lemonade. Recently I have gotten hooked on raspberry lemonade. Yummy!!! Place it in the margarita maker and let er rip, pour it in a fancy margarita glass and let the imagination roll. Many times I have difficulty keeping the imagination under wraps.

So I sit outside in the heat of the day, melting like a marshmallow over a campfire - and sip my luxury drink and let my mind slip away. Actually my mind slips with out the raspberry lemonade but with the raspberry lemonade it slips into a much more tropical locale. And I have the bluest eyes Ms. Morrison.

Not that having the bluest eyes gets you much out of life but they are my favorite color and so is the ocean. I can see the connection. Sometimes my synapse's don't come together. While sipping away at my raspberry lemonade which frequently causes brain freezes I pretend I'm sitting on a beautiful peaceful beach with the lovely blue water lapping at my feet - but then I remember the oil spill in the gulf and I feel the sadness wash over me.

Take away my raspberry lemonade and my imagination but please don't destroy the oceans, the lands and the animals.


We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails. ~Author Unknown

No comments: