Saturday, June 12, 2010

Raspberry Lemonade


There are times in my life when my self-esteem, self-confidence and my fragile ego takes a nose dive down under. Way down to the bottom of the ocean floor where plankton live, pirate ships rot and strange creatures survive. Sometimes I just amaze myself with what I cannot do.

Today I was having the munchies and the cupboards were bare and it was my first day of summer vacation. I had a need that needed to be fulfilled. I know the difference between wants & needs. I needed-wanted raspberry lemonade – desperately - I was craving it big time. Raspberry lemonade is definitely on the needs list.

We have frozen raspberry lemonade in the freezer and we have this awesome big green Margarita machine. Do I know how to use it? No and no again. So my ineptness with using machines and television remotes curls up and bites me in the nose. Off I go to the store to purchase store bought raspberry lemonade - not to be confused with the raspberry lemonade made in the big green Margarita machine – the one that I don’t know how to use.

We all have to make sacrifices in our life. I do know how to use the ice maker and add shaved ice to my delicious raspberry lemonade. Well, maybe not - but ice cubes will suffice. Now, if only I could work the remote for the t.v. I could sit back, relax drink my raspberry lemonade and chill.

No comments: