Thursday, October 28, 2010

The grace of a klutz


Once again my svelte and grace has taken hold of my life. Actually it's holding on and not letting go - just holding on in all the wrong places. I go about my life placing one foot in front of the other and for me that is an extremely difficult task. Talk about two left feet - well I have two backward left feet.
And the left arch is still healing from surgery.

Last year I purchased this really-really-kool-awesome tower fan. This baby wasn't a cheap bargain basement product found on the clearance rack. I plunked down full price for this sweet piece of machinery. I like the movement of air blowing right on my face at night. One minor problem is right by my side of the bed is my dresser and right next to the dresser is the bathroom door. Space on my side of the bed is severely limited. How did I end up with the short end of the stick? Such is my life.

So - there sits the rather large fan inches from my side of the bed. So upon waking from dreamland I swing my legs off the side of the bed and WHACK. I make instant contact with my tower fan. Now picture this - it was a slow easy slide off the bed. I was not running a marathon. CRASH-BANG over goes the tower fan as my left foot makes contact with the tower fan. I might add it was an expensive fan - paid full inflated price for that baby. And of course it just had to be my healing left foot to take the blunt of it all.

The fan smashes to the floor in a gazillion pieces - never to be whole again. What a sad sad ending but it ain't over till the fat lady sings. Her sing was more or less a moan or a self pity whine. My big left toe - on the very end of my big left toe was a mammoth bruise. I didn't knock it that hard. Now my healing left foot has a big bad bruise on my big toe - more pain to add to my misery.

But alas - hubby sweet soul that he is put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Not me the full price paid for in hard earned cash tower fan. Perhaps we should trade sides of the bed. Wait there is a sliding glass door on his side of the bed and we have met in the past and that was not a fun experience. I'll take contact with the fan any day instead of running face first into the glass sliding doors.

No comments: