Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finding Happiness


Happiness is subjective - objective or darn hard to find and capture. We have to work to even get close to happiness. Happiness is subtle, humble and can be found in the most unique places in our lives. Happiness can be elusive, so one must run the golden mile to catch it.


At times I feel like I am in a marathon and have not been practicing. I have no coach so I plunder through life trying to reach my goals that have become transparent or miles from the tips of my fingers. And this morning the fingers are feeling arthritic.


So still searching for the holy grail I count my happiness blessings.


Three reasons to be happy today!


1. It was not my turn to clean up the dog poop on the kitchen floor. (and the mystery is -how did that happen?)


2. I can use my two and a half hours of comp time this morning for missing work - yet again.


3. Today is the last day of school before Spring Break, yahoo!


If you look at your life there is so much to be happy about. If Nemo can find his way back home - I can find happiness in my everyday world.

No comments: