Thursday, January 10, 2008

Cookies

Yesterday, when I tried to access my blog I received this error message. Something about your cookies have been disabled, lost or deleted. And I thought I had scarfed down all those chocolate chip cookies? Who comes up with these names? How do you relate a decadent chocolate chip, pecan, butter flavored, crispy calorie laden -to die for- piece of ecstasy to something inside your computer. It's a machine - it has never had the experience of a warm sugar filled soft piece of paradise melting lusciously inside the cheeks.

Was some geek chomping on a Ms. Fields delightful peanut butter blossom while soldering a capacitor to a mother board (repair 101) and he dropped a crumb inside the mass of components and said, " my cookies have been lost."
So the term 'lost your cookies' was created by this - 'I don't really have a life or friends so I bond with a computer' person. I have seen this type of person. Yes, they are smart in some ways. Re enabling cookies is their goal in life.

Me I would just rather keep an extra bag or two hidden in the glove compartment of my car. Chocolate chip is not the best choice to keep in the car during the summer months. Those can be stashed in the back right hand corner of the freezer directly under the broccoli. Trust me - no one will look there.

I wonder - computer wonder/thoughts - what actually did happen to my cookies? Is there an elf munchkin inside my computer making cookies like the Keebler Elves who make cookies in a tree on T.V.? That is how cookies are made for real life consumption - inside a tree by cute little elves. So perhaps computer cookies are made by little geek elves inside my tower that sits quietly next to my foot. Actually sitting right there next to my foot is not the best place to be since occasionally my bare foot hits the ON button and OFF she goes. Maybe it's payback for all that foot abuse it has to put up with so the little geek elves inside my computer eat my cookies.

I'm hungry............I need to go check the freezer.

No comments: