Friday, September 17, 2010

Life is not always Fair


I don't know if it makes me happy or sad but my surgery was cancelled and rescheduled for next week. I was ready to go on Wednesday - got myself all psyched up and everything. Now I have another week of anxiety to face for next week. How unfair is life?

Who said life is fair? No one - but sometimes you just kind of expect life to be a smooth ride with little or no stress. It could happen! I'm sure there is someone in the world who has a life like that. It certainly is not me. What would life be like to wake up without any wildfires to put out?
Blues skies and ocean breezes - no bugs - raspberry lemonade at your side, with your feet propped up and they don't hurt the house is shiny clean with the laundry done-folded and put away - the cat doesn't throw-up on the carpet, the hose doesn't burst in the side yard spewing gallons of water across the dry grass - flooding the neighbors yard and jacking up your water bill once again - the solar panels have not been blown off the roof in that thirty second wind storm and those dang grasshoppers never again eat all the leaves off your beautiful amaryllis flowers. Oh the joy of a fair life.

I am thankful it's Friday. Ready for a weekend of leisure and no thinking. AAAHHH the peacefulness of a weekend. Better get out my To-Do list.

No comments: