Sunday, February 22, 2009

Silence is golden

A home should be quiet and relaxing. It should be a place where one can go let their hair down and chill. That doesn't often happen at my home. It's noisy and at times resembles Grand Central Station.
In the bedroom I have an air cleaner that makes noise. I have a cool mist humidifier in the main living area and it's really noisy add the dishwasher and one cannot hear themselves think. Not that I want my thoughts exposed to some family members. The ice slash water in the refrigerate door also makes noise. The washer and dryer are noisy only on weekends or for an emergency washing. The televisions in all the rooms run constantly. If I forget to turn off the alarm that causes ear drum damage. Lest we not forget the smoke alarms when the batteries are getting low - beep-beep-beep.
The phones with all their different chimes and tones, the doorbell, the dog howling at the sirens, the cat screaming for her food. The vacuum cleaner is a noise blaster more worser than the kids music. I like the term - more worser. The morning doves chirping away and helicopters flying overhead. Neighbors talking a little too loud and the constant traffic driving down my dead end street. Stay off my cul-de-sac!
Then, the open door policy of the kid and his friends. And all their cell phones and texting and car doors slamming and general kid stuff noise.
I am just expecting a little peace and quiet in my home.

No comments: