Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bibs and Books

I think I have seen it all. Well, at least more than I want to see and acknowledge. Last night hubby and I went to dinner at a local cafe. It was extremely crowded and we had to wait for a table. We were seated next to an older couple perhaps in their late 50's early 60's. The woman reminded me of a country granny come to town on a Friday night. She had long snarly grey hair, thick glasses and an obnoxious know-it-all voice. Her grammar was backwoods along with her clothing. And as people were waiting for tables she was reading a book. I know - I'm being very judgemental and I detest that - but it is what it is.
I tried my best to ignore her but for some wack reason I kept watching the couple. When they both put on their over sized bibs I nearly fell on the floor. When their food arrived she demanded (not asked nicely) for more gravy. The server brought her more gravy in a bowl and She ate the gravy right from the bowl. Hence the bibs?
Still consumed with wonder I watched and listened to them. When she was done she brought out her book once again and began to read. Yes, people were still waiting for a table.
Why do people do what they do? That is the essential question. The answer is a mystery or at least an answer we don't want to admit. They're everywhere. You know what type of people I'm speaking about. Odd creatures make my life interesting.

No comments: