Monday, March 14, 2011

Serenity Now


The water she calls to me - pulling ever closer - surrounding me with contentment and feelings of happiness. There is something about the water that is so soothing and relaxing that it is almost indescribable. It's like elixir in a bottle. I love the water.

Yesterday we took the visiting family to Tarpon Springs and sailed out to Anclote Key. One of my favorite places but then again I have so many. Peace, beauty and solitude awaited us and we enjoyed every minute of it.

On our wonderful and exciting travels yesterday we hit the tourist gift shops. One of my favorite pastimes even though I am not a tourist in Florida but we had tourist relatives with us. We stopped in this one (mostest tackiest) and I spotted magnetic jewelry. I have heard about the healing properties of magnetic jewelry. It heals, it balances - basically it cures all evils and ills. My sister-in-law and I bought it - hook - line and sinker, a big heavy sinker. What the hey we were on a mission.

I chose the ankle bracelet. It was light weight, magnetic and it only cost $5.99. My sister-in-law went for the smartly colored bracelet. Then, we pondered getting one for each limb but thought we would wait and see if the gems really worked.

Through our discussion right in front of the cashier he snickered. Probably not a good sign - then again he most likely thought we were just tourists.

This morning after I awoke bright and early from the sofa sleeper my foot hurt a bit. The foot that now housed the magnetic anklet. As I'm sitting in the tub trying to alleviate the pains of sofa bed sleeping I looked down at my foot. OMG!!!! A bruise the size of the state of Florida was pulsing from my right ankle. The ankle that was proudly displaying the new magnetic cure all jewelry. I think my sister-in-law and I were taken.

No comments: