Monday, March 7, 2011

Evil Eye


Last night at the Greek Festival - I purchased my 'Evil Eye' earrings. And for some odd-strange reason the blue ones just jumped out at me and said -BUY ME. They had other colors of Evil Eye but I only had eyes for the blue ones. Actually hubby bought them as I had left my life savings at home. Thank you sweetie - you have forever saved me from the Evil Eye.

I had never seen Evil Eye jewelery before so I was intrigued. Now since my Evil Eye education I realize the blue ones are the best. Good choice.

Info I found on the Evil Eye.

It's believed that there are three types of evil eyes
The first are unconscious evil eyes. These harm people and things, without intending to. The second type intends to harm. The third one is unseen, hidden evil which is the most scared one.

It was believed that, this eye saw all the wickedness in the world and removed poverty and ignorance. When Horus opened its eyes the world was enlightened, when he closed, it became dark. From Egypt, the eye talisman had spread to the Mediterranean, Middle East and Europe.
The bead reflects the evil intent back to the onlooker. It somewhat resembles an eye and it is said the typical blue color is a factor in protecting the user.

No comments: