Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fresh Squeeeezed

Recently I went on a wonderful winter cruise. An all inclusive - almost. In the huge buffet area I noticed fresh squeezed orange juice. I ran right over there picked up a 4 ounce glass and then read the 'sign'. Fresh squeezed juice $3.99 a glass. An attendant rushed right over to help me with my fresh squeezed juice. I smiled and said, "No thank you."
I felt that was just cheap of the cruise line. Price gouging in my book.
Today, I walked over to my neighbors house and helped her pick fresh oranges and tangerines. I went home with two huge bags of fresh Florida fruit. I took out my trusty juicer and juiced away.
Nothing taste better than fresh squeezed orange and tangerine juice. And to think a cruise line had the audacity to charge almost $4.00 a glass.

http://www.florida-agriculture.com

No comments: