Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Big Chill


This is the second week in a row where I have had to wear my winter coat. Yes, I understand it's winter. But I live in Florida. The land of sunshine and warm weather. I feel like I have fallen down the hole with Alice. Things are not what they seem or are supposed to be.
I look outside this morning and see frost on my lawn (brown, unwatered) and the windshield of my car. Who goes there? Jack Frost. Well, I say, "Go away."
I'd rather play croquet with the Queen of Hearts. Off with their heads. I'm sure she would not leave her toasty warm castle to behead anyone. Although I have heard castles are cold and drafty and with the price of fuel skyrocketing again, who can afford to heat a castle.
A tea party sounds warm and cozy. Perhaps I shall stay in today and drink hot tea to warm my bones.
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will be my playmates. The cat will warm my toes and glare at me with those golden eyes. I will snuggle on the couch with my fluffy rabbit fur throw. I will fall into a deep slumber and be late for a very important date.

No comments: