Saturday, December 29, 2007

Returning to the sea


The old year is coming to an end as the New Year is ready to descend upon us all. Some will celebrate with fireworks; some will let the New Year slip in quietly. I have my list ready for the New Year. My QUESTS, my dreams, my inspirations swirl inside my half-empty head.
I will sit at the edge of the earth or more precisely the edge of Florida and watch the sun rise and set. Mile marker 0 will be my destination and my beginning. I will watch the waves crash against the rocky beach and toss out to sea all my broken promises and missed opportunities. I will laugh and cry. I will dream and parts inside will die. I will reach out my hand and pull it back for lack of failure.
The sea will whisper to me her lullaby and it will repair my shattered soul. My tears will become one with the salty sea and my sadness will be washed away with the tide. My smile and contentment will shine along with the sun and the blue sky.
The New Year will begin and I will be swept away with hopes and desire.
The sea she calls to me – soothes me and protects me – sets me free – and inspires me.


No comments: