Wednesday, December 16, 2009

To breathe or not to breathe

How strange life is! My entire life I have always loved animals and collected them. My world is changing. My life is on a downward spiral. My breathing is no longer a joy or effortless. My asthma is defining new rules for me and I don't like it. Not at all. Animals - dander the culprit of evil. My pets.
What does one do? The silly fools that they are become an important part of your family, your life and the way you live and enjoy life. Then, you are knocked off your feet - breathless. And I do mean breathless.
The cat has been banned from the bedroom haven and this does not make her a happy camper. After nine years of being the queen of the king size bed she has been dethroned. Now she is confused and upset. I suppose the stress of it all is the reason why she has puked up her guts in hubbies hat that has sat on the counter in the same place for years with no nasty episodes.
Next is the dog who sheds more fur than a winter snowstorm in central New York. Hair is everywhere even places he never goes. I've found his hair in the refrigerator.
I did find a product at the pet store that is rubbed on the critters once a week that is supposed to remove their dander and make the life of an asthmatic a little easier. We can only hope!
Perhaps my life will return to some type of normalcy. What is normal????

No comments: