Friday, July 6, 2012

Hot pants

I will never - ever - ever again make snide remarks about the 'People of Walmart'.  I think perhaps, maybe I have a little better of an understanding of where their train station is.  I thought before the train had run off the track but now I think I see the mirror and who is looking back at me. 
This morning as I am sitting in the vet's office holding the poor hurt kitty - waiting and waiting ( they squeezed me in) but also charged me double -  the light bulb more than went off - it  - BURST.  Burst right there in front of my face - a face stricken with panic and stupidity.  Kitty is crying her pitiful ' i hate the doctor' meow and I look down to console the poor baby and EEEKKKK!!!!!!!!!!  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have my shorts on INSIDE OUT!!!!!!!!!! The total humiliation is like getting knooked down by a rogue wave in the kiddie pool. 
I look for a hole to crawl into but I am out of luck.  Kitty meows again but I'm now thinking she knows my shorts are on inside out and she is embarassed to have such an absent minded owner.  I see abathroom down the long dark hallway and I make a break for it.  DANG!!!!!!!!!  The door is locked.  My luck has never been that good and this is the icing on the cupcake and me on a diet.
Maybe no one will notice.  Maybe they will feel sorry for me and lessen the bill.  It ain't over till the fat lady sings and no one in the vets office is singing only me signing the blues.

No comments: