Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sealed with a kiss



I have been sick for more than a week – yuck. I dislike being sick wrapped up in that cocoon of helplessness. I still have to work feeling cranky, worn out and disoriented. Such is life when you live in the real world. Where is my Utopia? I believe it fell off the earth a long time ago when the earth was flat like a Frisbee but now it has turned into a giant beach ball shape. I live in the sun and fun state without any fun at the moment.

My chest creaks like an old barn door, my eyes are a runny mass of a melting creamsicle without the stick, my lips have craters the size of the Grand Canyon, my nose drips like the faucet out by the shed and my power of thinking has short circuited. My body, my hand controls and my mind are unsynced and living separate lives. I’m a mess – just a mess.

My actions are slightly bent to the left with my almost non functioning body parts on a holiday. So here I am sitting in this defunct body trying to do basic skills. Oh the nose drips, oh the dry skin curling my downturned lips – I need a tissue for the drips and a softening agent for my pucker. Without revving up the slow brain to half speed I open my drawer and grab the lip balm and give my sore cracked lips a double whammy smear to soothe the pain.

Has anyone ever noticed the similarities between a lip balm dispenser and a glue stick? Apparently I have never noticed this similarity. FYI – glue sticks were never meant to be used as lip balm. At times I wonder in amazement that I have made it thus far in life. My coughing has decreased only because my lips have been sealed shut.

No comments: